Wednesday, April 24, 2013

NYC - The Highline

One of my new favorite things about NYC is the Highline!

It is a park built on an old freight train line throughout the city. I knew it would be cool, but seriously the architecture and landscape design are AWESOME! Very modern and very natural at the same time. Add to it the fresh blooms and buds of spring, and I was pretty much in heaven :)

It would have been nice(r) if it were about 10 degrees warmer and a little brighter, but perhaps the silver lining to the weather being the way it was is that there weren't THAT many people there. For a Saturday morning, that is pretty fortunate if you ask me! :)












 


2 comments:

  1. I love The High Line! We walked it for the first time a year ago, and loved all of the plant life up there. That's something I always miss when I'm in NYC. So glad you go to experience it!

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10