Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Kitchen Built-Ins are COMPLETE!

It took a year, but the kitchen built-ins are COMPLETE!

I have to say, they turned out way better than I ever could have envisioned! Instead of just being a random part of the kitchen, they have become one of the key focal features of our home.  Overall I love the mix of open and closed storage in this room. It makes it EXTREMELY functional and yet visually interesting at the same time. I think my favorite part is the incorporation of the baskets!

A random fact for you is that our original plan did not include the pantry on the left, we were just going to frame around the fridge.  It was a last minute idea by Evan to add the pantry there, and I am SO GLAD he thought of it! It houses all of our cereal, spices, snacks, and baby supplies. I don't know where we would put that stuff otherwise! (Good job Evan!)

And yes, my husband did build all of this himself!




It is hard to believe that this is what that same area looked like when we moved in: 


It is a very good reminder for me to think of how far we've come, instead of just thinking about all that is left to do!


5 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Sara! I'd keep that guy
    The baskets add a bit of warm color and texture to the room
    nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a huge change! The built ins look amazing! I love the baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled upon your blog several months ago, and fell in love with your kitchen. We're currently working on updating ours, and I wanted to let you know that YOUR kitchen is my inspiration for ours. I refer to your kitchen pictures many times. I absolutely love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning!!! I love your house!

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10